Monday, January 12, 2015

Direct & Inderect Speech



ASSIGNMENT 2


Name              : Septiaji Fajar Rianto
Class               : 4SA04
NPM               : 16611682
Subject           : Pembelajaran Bahasa Inggris Berbantuan Komputer #






The source was taken from
“Outstanding Short Stories” book by S.Chand:

And for the article from story “The Beautiful White Horse” By William Saroyan. 
 

From the article above, do this assignment :
A.    Find direct speech that consist of 2 statements, 2 questions, and 2 imperatives!
B.     Change them into indirect speech, and analyze them after all !
Answer:
A.    Statement :      1. “That’s up to the horse,” my cousin said
2. “We shall see,” he said

            Question :        1. My cousin Mourad said “what are you waiting for?”
                                    2. “will you let me ride by myself?” I said

            Imperative :     1. Mourad said “get off from my horse!”
                                    2. “Kick your hills into his sides!”, my cousin said




B.     Statement        : 1.       My cousin told me about that was up to the horse.(Indirect Speech)
            Analysis: me in here is the writer “William” and “is” change into
                           “was” because the statement is become indirect speech to
                            past form.

                                      2.       He said that we should see. (Indirect speech)
                                                Analysis: Shall changes into should for it explains reported speech,
    and no change for verb “see”.


            Question          : 1.       My cousin Mourad asked to me if I were waiting for. (Indirect)
                                                Analysis: I in here is the writer on the story “William”. It uses “if”
                                                                For change interrogative into positive statement
                                                              
                                      2.       I asked to him if he will let me rode by myself. (Indirect Speech)
                                                Analysis: he is “Mourad” as cousin’s writer. Ride change be rode
                                                                Because to form reported.


            Imperative       : 1.       Mourad told me that I must got off from his horse (Indirect speech)
                                                Analysis: It uses “must” for imperative form is changed into
                                                                positive statement. Must means absolute to do it.

                                      2.       My cousin asked to me that I had to kick my hills into his sides.
                                                Analysis: It uses “had to” for imperative form is changed into
                                                                positive statement. Using “had to” for past form of
                                                                reported speech, but no change for the verb.
 

 

0 comments:

Post a Comment